Char Grilled Oysters
Grilling oysters is simple all you need is a hot bed of coals or a gas grill on high heat, some fresh out of the sea oysters, and lots of well-seasoned butter. It only takes a few minutes to grill them and you might as well do several dozen because they will go fast!
To start, shuck’em! If you’re new to preparing oysters we found a handy guide. Once they are open and cleaned, mix the the butter mixture together. Place the oysters carefully on the hot grill.
Once the oysters have been on the grill for about 2 – 3 minutes (long enough to start heating the oyster and get the oyster liquor to start bubbling) I add about a teaspoon of the butter mixture to the top of each oyster.
After another 3 – 4 minutes the butter should be bubbling on these char grilled oysters, the cheese should be browning on the sides and they should just look delicious. That is when it’s time to take them off – and go straight to the table cause these dudes are ready to eat!
To see Malcom grill the oysters, check out this video and see below for the full recipe:
- 1 Dozen Raw Oysters
- 8oz Salted Butter – room temperature
- ¼ cup Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 2 Cloves Garlic – minced
- 2-3 Lemon wedges
- 1 Tablespoons Italian Leaf Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Killer Hogs AP Rub or your favorite pepper rub
- Warm up the grill to 475-500?F.
- Blend the softened butter with the Pecorino Romano cheese, garlic spice rub and parsley.
- Place freshly shucked oysters directly on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes just until the liquid in the oysters starts to bubble.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of butter mixture onto each oyster.
- Cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until the tops are slightly browned and the sides of the oyster start to curl.
- Carefully remove from grill, top with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Serve with Saltine Crackers, soft bread or straight out of the shell, Enjoy!